ELONGA offers the following services included in the price:
Before it all starts:
- Placement in an individually matched internship position within a carefully selected project or institution
- General information regarding vaccinations, insurance, health, etc.
- Support in booking an affordable flight
- Help with work or student visa application
- Pick-up at Hosea Kutako International Airport Windhoek and transport to the hostel (ca.40 km)
- Practical advice regarding local rules of conduct and help with orientation in the city, modes of transportation, shopping, restaurants, bars etc.
- Introduction on the first day of work by our local English speaking coordinator
- Extensive assistance on location by our contact person throughout your entire stay (24h service number for emergencies)
- Accomodation in our fully equipped ELONGA-Hostel (including use of washing machine, wireless internet, safe-keeping of mail)
- Organisation of social events, like drumming and dance classes
- Support in organisation of recreational activities and tours (many tour companies grant us discounts!)
For Elonga arranged Internships / Volunteer placement, the cost of our all-round-package is € 690 for 4 weeks (based on dorm accommodation). (For sharing a room with bathroom the first four weeks is €869 and for single occupancy of a room the first four weeks is €1110).
- dorm: $130 NAM per day pp & $3.510 NAM per month pp
- sharing double room with bathroom: $200 NAM per day pp & $6.300 NAM per month pp
- single occupancy with bathroom: $300 NAM per day pp & $8.100 NAM per month pp
For interns or volunteers (or those studying for a period in Namibia) who want to stay in the Elonga hostel accommodation – and have not made use of the Elonga Interns/Volunteer program – you pay:
- dorm: $145 NAM per day pp & $3.915 NAM per month pp
- sharing double room with bathroom: $250 NAM per day pp & $6.750 NAM per month pp
- single occupancy with bathroom: $375 NAM per day pp & $10.125 NAM per month pp
Note: Not included in the price are cost and expenses for flights, visa, vaccinations, insurances of any type (e.g. travel, health, accident insurance), meals and personal expenses for recreationals activities and transportation and additional trips.